Since the FDA’s approval of ozone as an anti-microbial agent in 2001, ozone sanitation systems have been widely accepted as an effective means to improve food safety and quality.
- Ozone works 3,000 times faster than chlorine
- Ozone is a non-residual sanitizer and does not replace the need to clean
- The colder the water, the better the ozone gas will bind to water
Ozone treatments have the benefit of forming fewer undesirable by-products than chlorine treatments, such as trihalomethane, chloroform, and other dangerous compounds. Ozone is faster acting than chlorine, steam, or hot water and allows for superior disinfection of microbes (including mold, bacteria, viruses, and cysts).
ClearWater Tech has installations in numerous agri-food facilities where sanitation is paramount. These industries include packaging fresh fruit and vegetables, to processing meat, poultry, and seafood products.
- Fresh produce/fruit packaging
- Product preservation
- Package sanitation
- Surface sanitation
- Process water purification